8 oz. chicken breast, boned & skinned
2 c. sliced mushrooms (1 10 oz. container if fine)
1/4 c. Lea & Perrin White Worchester Sauce
1/2 c. 1% milk
2 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
1 Tbsp. Brummel and Brown butter (only 1 pt on Weight Watchers)
3/4 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. flour
dash of white pepper, to taste
- Clean chicken to remove any fat and strings. Either pound or slice thin (this makes it faster to cook)
- Marinate with white worchester sauce
- Spray fry pan w/ oil, heat
- Add chicken to pan with all the worchester sauce. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken, cover and cook another 5 minues. Cook until brown, turn over and cook until brown. If chicken starts to stick, add a little more Worchester sauce no need to add more fat. Note that the sauce will start browning on the pan. You can use a fork to push the chicken in the carmelized sauce to help get it brown. Be sure not to burn the chicken. **
- Set chicken aside. In the same pan, add butter and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp. Sprinkle with 2 tsp. flour and cook a little.
- Stir in milk, reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is heated through.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Return chicken to the skillet and cook until heated through.
** Variation: This chicken can be eaten as is as a fast meal, or it can be used as a base for other low-fat dishes such as a low fat chicken parmesan. Adjust points
Variation: cut the chicken into small pieces before cooking. Make double the sauce and server over a fancy pasta. Adjust points.
Go back to
my Weight Watcher's Home Page
kcEnamels.com Home Page