with Pesto, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
4 thick chicken cutlets, bonless, skinless, 4 oz each
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 package Italian seasoning
6 Tbsp. Pesto sauce (low fat)
4 Tbsp. reduced fat Feta Cheese
6 Sun Dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F
- If sun dried tomatoes are hard, soak in water for 15 minutes
- Clean chicken, slice the thickest part partially through so they can be stuffed.
- Marinate chicken in balsamic vinegar while making Pesto or for 15 minutes
- Cut sun dried tomatoes into small pieces
- To assemble, open up a chicken breast, spread 1 1/2 Tbsp of Pesto Sauce over both sides, spread 1/4 of the sun dried tomatoe pieces on bottom half and spread 1 Tbsp feta cheese over tomatoes. Fold flap back into place. Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on each top.
- Line a baking dish in heavy duty foil (to make it easier to clean), spray with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed chicken in a single layer.
- Turn oven to broil and broil chicken for about 8 minutes until browned.
- Turn oven back to bake at 400 degrees F and bake for 20 minutes until chicken is done. Baste with pan juices twice during cooking.
- Serve hot with pan juices over each piece and with extra pesto sauce, if desired.
Go back to
my Weight Watcher's Home Page
kcEnamels.com Home Page